SYNC: Music Video Production Program
The Atlantic Filmmakers Cooperative (AFCOOP) and Mirus Records bring you the SYNC: Music Video Program. SYNC is a music video production program for emerging musicians and filmmakers based in Nova Scotia which provides education, funding and showcasing opportunities to three teams.
September 20th: Applications Due
October 4: Applicants informed of acceptance to program. Participants will be chosen by a jury.
October 10: Orientation Session (Mandatory)
Throughout October-December: AFCOOP Fall Workshop Series
November 9: Concept Planning Meet up
December 5: Budget, Tech & Logistics Planning Meet up
January: Music Videos in Production Phase
February: Music Videos in Post-Production Phase
Mid-March: Screenings of Music Videos and Live Show / Party
Education and Feedback
Unlimited access to AFCOOP’s Fall Workshop Series. A day long intensive workshop taught by a music video producer.
Funding and Gear Rental
- $1000 cash towards production
- $2000 in gear rental from AFCOOP
- 7 day use of AFCOOP editing suite
The program will end with a screening of the three music videos as well as a party where the three musical artists who took part will play live.
Emerging Musician Eligibility:
- proof of two years professional experience in field
- proof of active live performance
- exhibits basic training
- does not have album sales past $5000
Emerging Filmmaker Eligibility:
- less than three years professional experience
- has basic training
- has completed one independent film or video artwork
Musicians and Filmmakers apply SEPARATELY.
- Two songs (via links NOT attachments)
- link to music streaming
- ONE PAGE letter of intent (explaining your experience as a musician and reasons for wanting to participate in the program)
- ONE PAGE CV (discography, shows over the past 12 months, notable awards, press)
- Must apply as a director-producer team of two
- Two samples of video work (via links NOT attachments)
- a ONE PAGE letter of intent on behalf of both the director and producer (explain why you want to participate in the program)
- 2 ONE PAGE CVs from both the director and producer